HELPFUL CARPET CLEANING TIPS from Get Clean Quick
Here is some valuable information and tips concerning carpet cleaning and NYC Water Damage Restoration.
- Effective prevention measures are your best tip for keeping carpets clean. Proper care and maintenance of carpeting will save you money.
- Never rub any type of carpet stain. This will cause smearing and could make the stain permanent.
- Stains that are not properly treated often reappear later.
- To prevent return of stubborn stains cover the stain with a thick absorbent cloth and weigh that cloth down onto the carpet with a heavy object for 12 hours minimum. This allows the cloth to absorb the stain as much as possible. Then proceed with normal cleaning procedure.
- Never use an iron or hair dryer to dry a carpet stain. You are sealing the stain into your carpet permanently when you attempt to dry your carpet in that manner.
- Watch for any type of spill and take care to clean them promptly in order to maintain a clean carpet. The use of clear room temperature water on most spills, if done quickly, will take care of most spill situations.
- A clean carpet is a carpet that has received proper care and maintenance and does not have water damage NJ. Frequent and thorough vacuuming in the proper manner is a very important part of proper caret care. Proper vacuuming is redoing the vacuum process from several directions to give the vacuum time to lift all debris possible
- When carpet cleaning is necessary, use the mildest cleaning products available for your carpet. Only use stronger cleaning solutions with stubborn stains a spillage. The best shampoos are those that are the mildest. They yield the best results without damage to your carpet.
- Read completely and carefully the labels on cleaning product containers. Ensure you follow the manufactures instructions. If the label is missing or you are unsure, before proceeding with any cleaning procedure check the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) for your carpet.
- Eliminate carpet-cleaning issues by having an entrance mat for all visitors entering the home to clean off their shoes. Having some shoes removed and in sigh near entry doors will prompt some visitors to offer to remove their shoes, as is done in many countries around the world. This will keep a majority of tracked in dirt and grime off your valuable carpet surfaces.